HP Printer ditched

SteveWH 15:16 08 Mar 2007

I have ditched my HP Officejet 7130 (or at least consigned it to a cupboard till I give it away. It's less than four years old cost an arm and a leg and is only supported by cut down drivers within Vista.

So now thanks to PCA I have a Lexmark X9350.PCA gave this a good write up that it richly deserves, wireless printing is quick and easy and the list of functions is very impressive, the Vista driver installs easily and the software is far better than HP's, print quality is fine with duplexing for booklets, all in all a very good move.

I wonder if anyone at HP considers the amount spent throughout the lifetime of their printers on cartridges, their loss I'll never go back to them.

WSR 21:13 08 Mar 2007

Funnily enough, I'm doing exactly the opposite!

I've ditched a Lexmark Z24 because they are not proving a Vista driver, and have today bought an HP C4180, the driver for which I'm downloading now.

Out of principle, I'll never buy Lexmark again!

SteveWH 22:45 08 Mar 2007

Talk about swings and roundabouts I guess my defection from HP will not cause any corporate damage after all :-(

sinbads 14:26 09 Mar 2007

SteveWH feel that you have made the better choice,had so much trouble with my HP pcs, poor support,The only HP i'll buy now is that brown stuff in a bottle :-(

birksy 14:22 15 Mar 2007

I'm still running an HP 970Cxi printer, but for text only. The cartridge prices are extortionate. For other work I now have a Canon Pixima 5000, and as I've just replaced the PC and gone to Vista (don't ask!) the Canon website had all new software ready for me to download.
(Brilliant work Canon)
Also have the CanonScan 5000F, and Nuance OmniPage are doing Vista upgraded OCR software free for Canon owners. To anyone else - £89 please!
One thing with Canon though! When the scanner went pear shaped within warranty, it was sent back. It was replaced with one they had repaired that came from someone else. You don't necessarily get your own back. Who knows what might have been done to them in someone elses hands. Glass plate also grubby on inside. (Black mark Canon) Not a nice business practice.

webb204 14:56 18 Mar 2007

hi ,i purchased a hp deskjet d 2360 printer ,dowloaded the drivers from hp ,and it works great !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone