HP Laptop Wont get past StartUp Repair

belcanto 16:35 15 Dec 2010

Hello all, first of all, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas full of delightful gadgets.

My problem is this; a freind has got a HP Laptop, 2gb memory, 80gb hard drive, Intell graphics and Win 7 Home Ed as his O/S.

He lent his laptop to a freind who seems to have screwed it up as for some reason when it starts up, it wont now go beyond StartUp Repair. I have tried both system restore as well as command prompt to format the disk to no avail.

I hope someone can help with a good solution

Thanks
Belcanto

GaT7 17:31 18 Dec 2010

One option is to get an appropriate caddy / docking station for the drive & connect it to another working PC (host) & check it from there. If the drive is not defective, you can also backup its data if you do this. Make sure the host system has an up-to-date & running antivirus & antimalware software before connecting it up.

To begin with, tell us the exact model of the laptop & hard drive capacity, so we can suggest the correct caddy required. This shouldn't be more than £10-20 (which is a small price to pay I reckon), & should come in handy in the future as well. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?