HP C3180 needs re-installing

hairymonster100 22:58 28 Apr 2008

Hi, the HP drivers have been downloaded from the HP website (yes, they are the right ones - according to HP) and every couple of days, none of my applications are able to print.

Checking the list of printers, it's no longer there, nor is the scanner, so it has to be fully un-installed before being re-installed. HELP!

I do feel HP quality has gone down the chute lately, just like Microsofts', but that's a topic for another thread.

Thanks in advance.

WD2003 15:32 21 May 2008

You're not the only one with this problem - I've been in contact with HP support with this problem for over four days and diddly-squat has been done - I just keep getting 'escalated'. I'm starting to think there are compatibility issues with Vista and this blinking printer. Ring HP support on 0870 010 4320, ask for a Technician and request that they talk you through a system scrub. It removes all the HP printer software - didn't work for me, but it might work for you.

Have fun with them!!

William

ventanas 09:37 22 May 2008

There are a few problems with HP printers and Vista, none of which HP seem willing to admit to. You will probably find you have problems scanning as well. I have one of these, and a 1610, on different machines. Both have the latest Vista drivers, and both play games.
The scanning issue took them over a year to fix, and then without any admission. There was a clash with Wacom tablet drivers. I have to install the patch again every time I want to scan. Only takes 2 seconds, but still a nuisance.
Fortunately their big lasers, of which I have three seem to work ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?