hp c3180

CTRL 18:20 14 Jul 2007

hi all. for a friend.Shiny new Packard bell easy note 1.7 gig with vista on it and a new hp c 3180 all in one .when the 3180 is plugged in the vista will not recognise it . Down loaded the drivers for it still no use. Checked the ports no USB ports on list.what now. Wait in anticipation.

Joan-276804 20:54 14 Jul 2007

I bought a Dell Dimension 9200 in February and got this printer because although HP's software was not compatible with Vista at the time, it was recognised and did work on a very basic level. Since then I have downloaded the full Vista software package from the HP website and it works fine. Have you tried the HP website or is the the windows update for this product you have downloaded?

CTRL 10:19 15 Jul 2007

Hi Joan. Sorry late getting back to you .I down loaded the latest drivers from the hp web site 159 meg.I think the drivers are working .if I look in printers properties ( ports) it showes the printer in LPT1 ticked but no USB port. The all in one is connected by USB not parallel port.i want to connect by usb.

Joan-276804 21:14 16 Jul 2007

Did you connect the printer to the computer by USB before loading the software/driver? If so look at at the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling software in the guide and only plug in the usb when prompted by the installation process.

If that's not the problem go to the printer properties and see if you can scroll down the list ports to one for USB and tick the box (unticking the LPT1 box at the same time).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?