How to stop Vista updates during install. ?

Rob_08 00:20 19 Jan 2009

Hi.
Frequently i have to install Vista to test beta software and i would rather Vista didnt attempt any updates (not even Windows updates only ) how can i stop it updating until i get my chipset betas drivers on. ?

By the way . I am happy for it to get security updates but i notice it also updated Nvidia SATA drivers as part of its Windows Only which i wasnt happy about. I need it clean of any sys drivers.

Thank you.

tullie 04:21 19 Jan 2009

Everytime ive installed Vista,i have had the option.

Taff™ 06:29 19 Jan 2009

I`ve always had the option too but the simplest solution is don`t have the computer connected to the internet. It can`t update then and you can manually turn off automatic updates once you`ve set up the basic Vista software. Word of warning though - when you apply Vista SP1 I`m pretty sure automatic updates is turned back on.

Rob_08 16:57 19 Jan 2009

I also found out the following !
This should do it.

Windows Update device driver searching and prompts can be limited from the Control Panel. Just make your way via Start, Control Panel, System Maintenance, System, Advanced system settings, select the Hardware tab and then Windows Update Driver Settings. Here you can opt for one out of three options:

Check for drivers automatically.
Ask me each time I connect a new device before checking for drivers.
Never check for drivers when I connect a device.

Click bottom one, this will stop it searching for device drivers.

So thats it i guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?