How to stop McAffee

Dorkins 19:19 15 Apr 2007

Was surprised to find that i have AVG 7.5 and McAfee VirusScan both running. Could someone tell me how i can stop McAfee running please. Thanks

[email protected] 21:59 15 Apr 2007

if you have 2 anti virus programs running, they will clash, as one will think the other is malware, you should uninstal one of them. 1 firewall, 1 av, and a couple of anti spyware should work fine

skidzy 22:06 15 Apr 2007

First things first:

You say AVG 7.5,now is this the AVG antispy program,if so its ok but if AVG antivirus...you need to uninstall one of the products immediately as you are certain of conflicts.

Killo Bite 23:14 15 Apr 2007

you will corrupt your windows if you carry one, and probably not be fully protected until you remove one.

Dorkins 06:09 16 Apr 2007

I thought i had got rid of McAfee but i have now found that it is running VirusScan and Firewall. I have looked in the Add/Remove Section but can't find any mention of it, so where or how do i find and get rid of it please!

skidzy 06:32 16 Apr 2007
  Dorkins 07:05 16 Apr 2007

Have done a search for McAfee on the computer and have come with one entry in the ProgramData folder. But i can't find this folder in order to stop McAfee from running before getting rid of it?

[email protected] 08:25 16 Apr 2007

have you run the removal tool skidzy posted?

Dorkins 09:11 16 Apr 2007

Have downloaded and ran the tool skidzy posted but McAfee is still there!

skidzy 19:29 16 Apr 2007

Try reinstalling Mcafee and then use the removal tool or its own uninstaller.

OR:

Try the removal tool in safe mode.

To remove all entries in Mcafee suite,it needs to be removed in the correct order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?