How to remove Win 7 internet security scamware.

Chitterlow 22:47 20 Nov 2010

Can anyone tell me how to remove Win 7 Inernet Security scamware from my computer? When I go to Control panel> programs and features Win 7 Internt Security is not listed, so I can't uninstall it.

a member 08:50 21 Nov 2010

I am not familier with any software of that exact name ,surely you are not calling microsofts own internet security suite (scamware) because it certainly is not .
if you want to remove a program that is not appearing in the ad/remove programs folder .there are 2 options ,its possible there is an uninstall in the folder with the program ,to locate it go to (my computer /program files) and search for the program there ,open the correct folder and look for a (uninstall exe) if you use a 64bit operating system there will also be a program files (x86) folder you can search too.
if you do not find an uninstall exe you may be able to simply delete the folder and all of its contents ,but if the program is running you wont be able to.
in that case ,you will need to hold ctrl and alt and tap the delete button to be able to start up the task manager ,look through processes and find the program thats running that you need to stop and highlight it and click end process .then you can go back to the file location and delete it .
this method will almost certainly leave some files on your pc and registry entries ,they should not be capable of causing problems though .

Chitterlow 09:00 21 Nov 2010

Hi Melinx.
Win 7 internet security is not a Microsoft program. (Google it). It is one of these programs that tell you your computer is heavily infected and offer to clean it up (which it won't) for some exorbitant price. I think I have now solved this problem by restoring to an earlier date. Thanks anyway for an early response.

BRYNIT 09:41 21 Nov 2010

As the program you are talking about is a rogue with a similar name to a windows program it would have been better to rephrase your title and give a little more information.

After a 2 minute search I found click here it may help.

Chitterlow 10:05 21 Nov 2010

I'm sorry if you think I was in some way insulting to Microsoft but the program's name is "WIN 7 Internet Security" and it is scamware and I never said it was anyway connected to Microsoft.

rdave13 13:53 21 Nov 2010

Try this; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?