How long to scan please

suky53 20:07 02 Nov 2006

I am running the Windows Vista upgrade advisor but it has been running for 3 hours so from this I can gather it is not working properly, but could some-one please give me any ideas as to why. I have uninstalled it and downloaded it again to make sure it was installed correctly but still the same.

I just wanted to check my system was compatable as I quiet like the look of this new system.

Thankyou

De Marcus™ 20:24 02 Nov 2006

How long to scan?

Not that long!

The advisor is obviously having problems, what are your system specs?

suky53 20:32 02 Nov 2006

Processor AMD 64 3400+, Home Edition SP2, 1gb Ram, 200 H/Drive.

I hope this helps

Thankyou

De Marcus™ 20:40 02 Nov 2006

It certainly does, and in such a way that I can say that Vista *should* run quite well on that system, suffice to say that you may well have hardware or software that Vista doesn't like and with that in mind it's hard to say for definite that Vista will run without hiccups.

Then again, that doesn't answer your original question, why won't the upgrade advisor run?

suky53 20:49 02 Nov 2006

Thankyou. I understand about my Hardware. I am using a HP all in one Model PSC 1410 which is still being sold in the Shop's having said that I have an extended warrenty on this so is good for another 2.5 years so if it was to go wrong I could get a replacement.

suky53 20:51 02 Nov 2006

Sorry forgot to say the Software can easily be got around as there are bound to be Software that will work and I am willing to adapt to other Software if need be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone