how do u change ip ardress???

stephen0205 15:01 17 Jun 2007

i have my 360 hooked up through my pc and all was working until this morning and it said the ip ardress failed on my ethernet so i went to comand prompt and typed ipconfig/renew and the ip ardress stayed the same and will not change, is there any software i can use to change the ip ardress or is there anyway to do this.

powerless 17:54 17 Jun 2007

Your WAN or LAN IP address?

stephen0205 15:31 18 Jun 2007

how to change the lan ip ardress.

mgmcc 07:34 20 Jun 2007

Your problem is a little bit difficult to piece together. Presumably, you have a Vista PC with "Internet Connection Sharing" enabled on its actual internet connection (modem connection) and a 360 (whatever that is) running as a "client" device and getting its IP address by DHCP from the Vista PC?

If this is the case, the "360" should have an IP address in the 192.168.0.x subnet (IP address range). What is the IP address at the moment when you run the IPCONFIG /RENEW command?

<<<is there any software i can use to change the ip address>>>

You don't use software to change an IP address. It is either obtained automatically by DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) from the network it is connected to, which can be a PC running "Internet Connection Sharing", a router or directly to the ISP. Alternatively, an IP address can be configured manually in the network adapter's TCP/IP settings, but you need to know the settings to enter and automatic IP addressing is generally more suitable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?