how do I remove this thing call vista

Rowdyrod17 20:44 04 Jun 2007

Can someone please tell how to wipe vista from my computer this thing is driving me nuts.

Kate B 21:01 04 Jun 2007

It's your operating system. If you remove it you'll have to install something else - XP, probably.

TalYasis 21:23 04 Jun 2007

Rowdyrod17 not happy with it then?
All of it or just most of it.

I think the Disable User Access Control (UAC) gives a good indicator to why many feel the same as you do.

This much-loathed new Vista feature attempts to protect your system from malware infection by making you manually confirm a whole host of everyday user operations. While it doesn't directly impact performance, it can be annoying and might be more hassle than good.

"Would you like a cup of tea?"
"Yes,please".
"Are you sure?"
"Yes,thanks".
"Was that really a yes?" says UAC.

It's looking like a hard drive format and clean install of XP or similar then!

Pamy 22:32 04 Jun 2007

formatt the HDD

Forum Editor 00:25 05 Jun 2007

and why is it driving you nuts?

There may be ways in which we might get you to change your mind. Just tell us what it is that's irritating you so much.

If it's any consolation, I had dozens of emails asking me exactly the same thing about Windows XP when it first launched. Soon after that almost everybody was using it. You'll find lots of people knocking Vista just for the sake of it, but that's never much help. The people you don't hear from are the millions who are using it quite happily. Maybe you could become one of them.

Totally-braindead 01:22 05 Jun 2007

Rowdyrod17 take the FEs advice at least tell whats wrong with it so that solutions might be tried. If it fails and you're still unhappy then you can go back to XP.
If you really want to get rid of it you'll have to format the drive and install XP from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?