How do I format my PC?

Neskat 18:55 14 Aug 2014

Hi there, I would like to format my PC, I have never done this before, and my PC is 7 years old, so i've not formatted it for 7 years, I want to do it because I see my a lot of FPS drop in Leauge of Legends and overall the PC is quite slow and has a lot of not needed junk, I think I need a CD or something with my Operating System on it so I can install it, I unfortunately don't have one, so what can I do ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:40 14 Aug 2014

I think I need a CD or something with my Operating System on it so I can install it

Yes you probably do. also a driver disk and all you install files for your programs.

First back up all your important files as everything will be lost when you format the drive.

You may have a hidden partition containing a system image that will return the machine to factory settings (the day you got it)

Make and model? operating system?

Neskat 21:16 14 Aug 2014

HP, model t3725.uk, Windows Vista 32 bit.

BRYNIT 00:19 15 Aug 2014

From the instructions CLICK HERE you should have create a set of recovery disks when you first got the computer? If you haven't deleted the recovery files you should be able to make a set by following the instructions below. If you have already created a set and cannot find them do a web search on how to create a second set of recovery disks.

To create Recovery discs:

1. Close all open programs.
  2. Click the Windows Start Button.
  3. Click All Programs.
  4. Click PC Help & Tools.
  5. Click Recovery Disc Creator.
  6. The Recovery Disc Creator window appears.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions. Label each disc as you make it (for example, Recovery 1, Recovery 2).

1]: [click here,%20Recovery%201,%20Recovery%202%29.

BRYNIT 00:22 15 Aug 2014

Something went wrong with the link to the instructions so CLICK HERE

sharpamat 16:36 15 Aug 2014

If you have lost the discs you will be able to get a set from HP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?