how do i create a recovery disc?

White_Elephant 13:20 12 May 2007

My dad has just bought a new pc with oem Vista on it. When he set up the pc and it did the installation, it asked him whether he wanted to create a recovery disc (presumably using awriteable dvd).

He said no as he didnt have a disc on him at the time.

Now its installed and he's got a disc he can't figure out how to do it. I'm sure the answer is very simple but I'm still on XP so can't really help him.

Thanks

BurrWalnut 13:32 12 May 2007

Have a look in All Programs for something referring to the PC manufacturer and 'Create Disk' or similar wording.

J B 15:46 12 May 2007

If by chance the new pc is HP go to Help and Support and click on Recovery Manager and it will give you a list to choose from and all you do is click on advanced Options then look for Recovery Disk Creation. When you do so just follow the wizards instructions. I made mine yesterday and it was a breeze. J.B.

skidzy 17:57 13 May 2007

What make of pc ?

Depending what burning program is installed if any.

My Vista system came with a recovery program from TechGuys,this is on a once only basis unless restored through the recovery from the hidden partition to factory settings.

Though the best backup i think you could have is Acronis TI 10,i know you have to pay,but certainly worth every penny.

superhoops 00:02 14 May 2007

I wish I could try Acronis. Have downloaded the trial numerous times, tried it on 3 different pcs and not yet managed to get the install routine to complete.

tigerb 15:37 14 May 2007

my wife did exactly the same thing on a brand new Philips lap top from Curries and is having the same problem.

superhoops 21:54 14 May 2007

When I was having the trouble trying to install Acronis (I have given up now) I googled the problem and found literally hundreds of reports of the same problem and even a forum dedicated to the problem. Assuming that many people email Acronis about the problem( I did anyway) they are mugs to not correct the problem with the lost revenue

skidzy 22:52 14 May 2007

Why not buy the package Acronis TI 10 from Amazon,for around £25 including postage.
You will not regret it at all.

terryf 17:17 20 May 2007

Acronis 10 works for me

superhoops 21:44 21 May 2007

Why, is the complete package likely to instal when the trial wont???

terryf 23:40 23 May 2007

Buy and you get updates, the trial MAY be for winxp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?