How can I upgrade my router to WPA2 network?

dull2222 11:22 24 Jul 2014

I bought my router about three years ago. Right now I have WEP network,but it seems to be hacked eaisly. Could I update my network to WPA2 without replacing? I find an answer, it said"If you don't want to replace your router,you can create another wireless network with My WIFI Router software.It would turn your laptop with cables into ad hoc or WPA2 encryption network just with a click." Is it possible?

Mr Mistoffelees 11:52 24 Jul 2014

You need to change your router's security settings, after you check that everything you want to connect wirelessly supports WPA2.

Post the make and model of router that you have and somebody may be able to guide you through the settings.

Batch 14:49 24 Jul 2014

Where you've said "If you don't want to replace your router,you can create another wireless network with My WIFI Router software.It would turn your laptop with cables into ad hoc or WPA2 encryption network just with a click.", I believe that is referring to a virtual wifi network from a laptop.

Basically, as a laptop has a WiFi capability, the virtual wifi makes the laptop act as a wireless hub. I don't think that is really what you want.

Do as Mr Mistoffelees sugests.

Secret-Squirrel 15:16 24 Jul 2014

Chaps, don't waste your time with this as it's yet another spam post promoting that crappy "My WIFI Router" software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?