How can I get Flash Player to stay installed?

ronec1 20:18 17 Nov 2014

Sorry to bring up this problem again, but I have looked on here and posted on Adobe's Help page without any luck. For no reason, a couple of months ago, I was asked to install Flash Player, as mine was out of date. This I did, but next time I turned my computer on, I had to install it again, because no videos (You Tube, Facebook etc), would play. I uninstalled Flash Player with the Flash Player app'. I then re installed, but the same happened the next time I fired up the computer. This has been going on now, every time I start the computer. This past couple of days Flash Player has not even wanted to install properly. It sometimes plays video and at other times I just get a pop up saying to 'Get Flash Player'. I use Vista and my main Search Engine is Opera, with Firefox as my second. I have checked Firefox plugins and it states, Firefox does not consider the Plugin safe, so has disabled it. I then followed Adobes 'get around' for the cure, but without success. Opera do not list any Plugins that I can find. The Adobe 'help pages' were less than usefull as nobody replied as to what could cause the problem, and they are the software developers. hence I am seeing whether any of you experts have come across the problem.

ronec1 20:40 17 Nov 2014

Hi Jock1e. I have not come across Revo, so will check it out. I have checked with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and both showed clear. I will give what you have suggested, a try, thanks.

ronec1 12:13 18 Nov 2014

Revo appeared to fully delete Flash Player, but was then unable to download a new version with Opera. Anyway I turned off for the night and this morning I downloaded with Firefox. I will wait and see whether it stays installed, fingers crossed.

wee eddie 17:23 18 Nov 2014

I have a similar problem.

The Adobe Test Site says that Flash is installed but, Facebook Videos will not play until I have reloaded Flash.

This Site says it has a solution but you are not alone. I have not tried it as it is a Site that I am not familiar with. Flash Solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone