How can I disable PushPrinterConnections.exe?

Oliver Stern 14:37 13 Apr 2015

Hello I am running Windows 7 on a middle-aged laptop which has been running very well until recently, when it suddenly slowed down. When I checked the Task Manager a program called PushPrinterConnections.exe was taking up a huge amount of memory. When I end the task, it reappears like a hydra several times more.

Please could someone tell me how to disable this pesky program?

There are lots of sites online telling you how to enable this program, but none about how to disable it. Any help is very much apprectiated, or I'll have to fork out for a new laptop!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:15 13 Apr 2015

Could be a Trojan - to remove:

1. Boot up the infected computer, press F8, select Safe Mode with Networking .

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together and in the Windows Task Manager stop pushprinterconnections.exe processes

3. Open the Registry Editor, search for and delete these Registry Entries c

(Click Start button- click- Run - type regedit into the Run box, click ok)

HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=site address

HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=site address

HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain

1. use explorer to find and remove pushprinterconnections.exe associated files .

%CommonStartMenu%\Programs.lnk

%LocalAppdata %\random Virus\uninstall\Nation Zoom Virus.lnk

%documents and settings%\ all users\application data\suspicious.exe

Reboot the machine and see if that has solved the problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?