How to add "Find" (Ctrl+F) to the context menu?

John Dohe 01:51 18 Oct 2017

Hi!

I want to add "Find" (Ctrl+F) (Menu bar > Edit > Find) to the right-click context menu of my Windows 7 Pro pc.

I want to be able to select some text, right-click on that selected text, and have "Find" appear as one of the options to then left-click on.

And after I've left-clicked on "Find" in that context menu I want the actual "Find" popup window to appear (i.e., what happens when you press the Ctrl+F keys) with my selected text pasted into its search window and the "found" numbers of text indicated and highlighted in the body of the page. All I need do then is to click the up or down caret, or press enter, to move the focus to the next found text.

My goal is eliminate the tedious and repetitious doubleclicking to select text, then keying Ctrl+C to copy the selected text, Ctrl+F to open Find, and Ctrl+V to paste my copied text into Find's search field.

I'm using Firefox 56.0 (64-bit).

Anyone know of a way to accomplish adding "Find" to the context menu?

Thanks!

Jollyjohn 08:08 18 Oct 2017

I highlighted the word text at the start of your post.

Ctrl + F - opened a bar along bottom of screen.

Pressed enter the used F3 to jump to next occurence of the word text - is this what you want to do?

BrianMartin 08:44 27 Oct 2017

I might simply want to state thank you for making this entry. I took after the guideline to make another set menu thing for another Word Document and it works fine. I don't know how I lost that element, or in the event that it was never there in any case yet I presume it might have disappeared. uk assignment | AssignmentEmpire

1]: [click here

Peter~24 17:12 27 Oct 2017

I think it might be best to take care and not click on the links in BrianMartin's post. The look like spam or possibly worse!

Peter.

John Dohe 21:04 27 Oct 2017

@ JollyJohn

Not exactly.

I want that behavior, but I want the Ctrl+F function to be available as a context menu option.

Suggestions?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?