How to add extra space to my C drive?

Leonard465 09:58 31 Mar 2014

My laptop C drive partition is running out of space. I have tried to delete some useless files and uninstall some unnecessary programs. But, that makes no difference. So, I just want to know how I can increase this C drive space. Do you have any useful solution for me? Please, help me! Thanks in advance!

john bunyan 17:26 31 Mar 2014

Do you have another partition for data? If so you can shrink that and expand the C drive. I use (Free) Easus Partition manager. Look it up and come back if you have another partition.

Arlen5768 04:40 01 Apr 2014

When comes to extend a partition space, there are three possible ways for one like you to go on:

1). Delete some unnecessary files or programs on your C drive to free up the drive space. You can have many ways to free up your C drive space, like deleting some useless files/folders, uninstall some unnecessary programs and running the Disk Cleanup tool, etc.

2). Extend your C drive in Disk Management If you have checked there is enough free space on other partitions, you can also try this way: Back up everything important on another drive, shrink your rest partition with enough free space and extend your C drive by right clicking it in Disk Management.

3). Apply some partition resizing tools. If you are not so familiar about the partition resizing tuffs, you can directly use some partition resizing tools like: IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free, EaseUS Partition Master, Active Partition Master and more.

PS: Always back up everything important well before resizing partition in case of data loss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone