Hoping against Hope

J B 07:08 09 May 2007

Does anyone know if Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 will work with Vista?

tullie 09:24 09 May 2007

Dont think so from a quick search,but not certain

tufti 10:07 09 May 2007

Perhaps not much help to you but Photoshop Elements 1 works fine.

ericmax 10:15 09 May 2007

Rather that install from the disc I copied the install file onto the computer first and then went into its properties and ticked the install with compatability for XP, and so far so good seems to work fine

ventanas 15:08 09 May 2007

Adobe claimed that Photoshop CS2 would not run correctly with Vista, but I have no problems at all. I have also installed versions 6 and 7 without problem. So why not give it a go. I would navigate to the setup file, right click it and choose to run as administrator. Also have a look under the compatibility tab and install it as XP SP2 as suggested.

J B 20:26 09 May 2007

I installed Photoshop Elements 4 and I got a notice to download an update to elements from the Adobe website, these were for raw image support. Are there any others that I have to download? J.B.

J B 15:03 10 May 2007

Adobe doesn't have an update for Elements 4 and I don't think they are going to come up with one anytime soon so I will use the program as is. J.B.

islelassie 10:21 25 Jun 2007

Have family photos on CDs made using photoshop, and my new Vista laptop is not recognising them so can't view them. Any ideas how to view them on vista?

J B 20:27 25 Jun 2007

Hey, you know what mine won't do it either. oh the joys of having Vista. I am going to try to email them from my XP machine to Vista then burn them in Vista. That should solve the problem. Let you know what happens. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?