Home Premium Install

Fateful Shadow 18:46 01 Feb 2007

Installed in about 30 minutes and I'm writing this now basking in Vistaness.

BUT (there's always a 'but'...)

My graphics card has now reverted to 'Generic VGA.' Any way I can get it back to being recognised as NVidia GeForce Go 7600?

(I've looked on the NVidia website and they only have XP/2000 drivers that will not run on Vista.)

Jake_027 18:49 01 Feb 2007

Nvidia are still developing Vista drivers, so you might have to wait for a couple of weeks then check their website again.

Jake

Kate B 18:51 01 Feb 2007

*grumble* Don't talk to me about Nvidia and Vista drivers. They have been dragging their feet somewhat. It looks as though they're not there for your graphics card yet. Nor are they there for my nforce4 motherboard and Raid controller.

Fateful Shadow 18:55 01 Feb 2007

So i just have to wait until they develop one?

Meh, was looking forward to my shiny Aero interface, but oh well.

Will it be much hassle to change the device from 'Standard VGA' to the correct name?

Kate B 18:57 01 Feb 2007

Yup, I'm afraid so. I can't even install Vista (well, not unless I want to mess around with beta drivers). I've got a query in to Nvidia's press office about drivers at the moment.

Installing the graphics driver should be trouble-free once it's there.

Jimmy14 19:14 01 Feb 2007

Just as well ATI/AMD released full Vista drivers or we would all be sulking:D

Fateful Shadow 19:14 01 Feb 2007

Ah well, the OS works in general anyway =]

I've got a few other things that won't work either, but I'll guess I'll just have to do something i'm incredibly bad at and 'be patient' =]

Thanks for the replies =]

anskyber 19:18 01 Feb 2007

Sorry to ask a stupid question but do the VGA drivers you mention run through a VGA linked screen or a DVI linked screen?

Fateful Shadow 19:30 01 Feb 2007

I'm not sure. It's a laptop, so I'd assume VGA (?)

anskyber 19:48 01 Feb 2007

I have nVidea graphics as well and they have released drivers for Vista on 30th January, sadly they are still Beta drivers. click here

Yes it probably will be VGA.

anskyber 19:50 01 Feb 2007

Sorry checking your card its still XP not Vista drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?