High End Game Slowdown with Vista64 Ultimate!!

islhopr 06:35 02 Dec 2007

My System build:

Asus M2n32-SLI MB (580 Chip Running Nvidia 1508 Drivers)
AMD 6400X2 Chip
2 Gigs Of Corsair pc-800 Memory\
2x Evga 7600GT 256 Vid's
SATA 2 WD 500 Drive
580 TT PS (SLI Certified)

Wow it seems like all my Highend games have an HUGE issue with Lag and slowdown.
I am using the all the latest drivers, and did a Clean instal of Vista.

Unreal 3, Crysis, Civ3, Battlefield 2142, Plus a few other older games, are running slow for SLI, Lagging, and sometimes I get a Random "Display Driver stopped Responding Error Message" ??

Amyone else have the same issues??

I know my 7600gts's may be a little dated, BUT not that dated! as to even cause slowdowns in my older software that ran very fast, when I was running a AMD 4400 Chip!!, with XP!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

ulrich 10:04 02 Dec 2007

This is one reason I do not have Vista. I am running XP with 2gig mem, Athlon XP 4000 processor and a 8800GT graphics card, my son runs Crysis on the med settings and is well pleased.
I would get rid of your 7600gts and get one EVGA 8800GT.

[email protected] 10:52 02 Dec 2007

turn aero off it runs all the time even when games are running if you dont, also turn off supa fetch and have minimum security running will help. these are not included on regular windows update but are all for games performance, i went back to xp and when sp3 comes out i think many others shall, vista and games really dont go together.
click here
click here
click here

islhopr 17:17 02 Dec 2007

Tried the three updates mentioned, and ALL three says this update does not apply to my system??
I did DL< the X64 versions of the updates, but no help.
Maybe going back to XP is the answer ;-(

soupz 18:10 02 Dec 2007

Hi,

I had Vista 64bit Edition installed on my previous PC custom built too. I found that the whole system ran hideously slow and buggy. Games and aqpplications would take ages to load. Xp ran perfectly fine on it and was very nippy.

I've since purchased a new desktop with Vista 32bit and vista is very good. Speed is much like XP.

I have a feeling that swoftware and games arent optimised for 64Bit operating systems yet which is why everything is slow.

I would recommend you install another OS.

JACC 17:19 11 Dec 2007

islhopr,running with Ultimate 32bit and it works a treat with all apps and games,sorry if it's news you didn't want to hear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?