Help to remove en.eazel. com infection in Win 7 IE.10

Audio~~Chip 19:30 07 Jan 2014
Answered

Hello

Been infected with a browser hack which is in Google Chrome & Internet Explorer v10 This is on my Toshiba Windows 7 64bit Laptop I have tried:- Super Anti Spyware McAfee security Malware anti Bytes Full Windows Toshiba factory restore Removed HDD and scanned on my Desktop with Kaspersky All windows updates, Java, Adobe CCleaner

I am now at a loss.

The next thing I was going to try was a programme calle Trojan Killer I downloaded from Cnet website.

Anyone happen to have had this infection and know what is going to remove it please

Thanks

nickf 20:04 07 Jan 2014

I would try hitman pro , you can make bootable cd or usb stick , it will boot , but not into windows , then will check your system fir any nasties . Its free the first 30 days . Will usually kill just about any nasty out there . Good luck .

lotvic 20:48 08 Jan 2014
Answer

anything you downloaded from Cnet download.com website will also try to install 'extras' you don't want, so be sure to choose 'Custom' and UN select the 'extras' that Cnet has bundled with it's installer.

Check click here for screenshots of how to uninstall en.eazel.com

Audio~~Chip 23:06 08 Jan 2014

Thanks for the warning lotvic !

After hours of reading online I found a free download tool which claimed to remove this browser hack called "adwcleaner" from the Bleeping Computer website click here Worked ! I was concerned why McAfee or Kaspersky, Super Anti Spyware, Malwarebytes would not detect and remove this. Did try Hitman Pro but be warned of Extras with this one.

Thanks both nickf & Lotvic.

Note a System Restore will unlikley remove a Virus infection. If I am wrong with this Please correct me.

It

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?