Help! My remote logitech keyboard and mouse won't respond!

SarahHaynes 11:05 26 Aug 2014

Hi all, I would really appreciate some advice. My desktop computer won't get past a screen that says "Windows Resume Loader" and then there are two options - continue with system resume and delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu. However, my keyboard and mouse are not working so I can't make a choice. I've checked obvious things like batteries but it seems like a fault somewhere.

I'm a rather useless female so any advice to get the blasted thing back up and running would be wonderful!

Secret-Squirrel 11:41 26 Aug 2014

"However, my keyboard and mouse are not working so I can't make a choice."

That's because the drivers for your wireless keyboard and mouse don't load until Windows starts. Unfortunately you can't get as far as loading Windows because the PC's stuck at that error message. The solution is simple though - borrow a conventional corded keyboard from a friend or neighbour. Depending on the age of your PC a USB one should work, and if not, an older style PS2 one (round plug with little metal pins) may be required.

When you've got the keyboard working you can use the arrow and enter keys to select "Continue with system resume and delete restoration data".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?