HELP! HELP! HELP!

steve_rfc 18:23 29 May 2008

i have a acer laptop which has vista home basic on it ive been having a few problems and deleted some files so i decided to use the acer recovery to put the laptop bk to the way it was when i bought it

The problem is after i selected the recovery option the laptop shutdown but the power lead was'nt in and the power run out .

so now when i turn the laptop on all i get is a black screen with "REMOVE DISKS AND MEDIA AND PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART"

is there anything i can do to get it working again ???

Totally-braindead 18:53 29 May 2008

The title of the thread is meant to reflect the problem.

Can't help I'm afraid.

chub_tor 19:06 29 May 2008
  tullie 19:57 29 May 2008

Boot from cd?

chub_tor 20:26 29 May 2008

Exactly tullie, the link I gave should show steve_rfc how to get his laptop to do that.

mooly 13:11 30 May 2008

Does your ACER have a recovery partition with a factory "image" of the operating system and all utilities. Hve you tried accessing this when you press the power on button--- your manual should tell you which key-s to press. Try repeatedly pressing F2 straight after hitting the power button to enter the BIOS and make sure D2D recovery is enabled. Also try pressing alt + F10 at the same time to enter the recovery process.
Have a good read at the manual, the above is from my ACER notebook.

crosstrainer 14:51 30 May 2008

All ACER lappy's have a recovery partiton. Can you access your BIOS? F2 during bootup on most models.

Then start the restore process again (make sure you are running on mains power this time)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?