Help!!!!

Jwbjnwolf 13:46 18 Jun 2010
Answered

Can anyone tell me how to change these to buttens back around to the correct keys:
the speech marks found above the number two key and the at symbol used for email addresses.
This happened when I installed windows 7 and got windows vista wiped of my hard drive

james105051 14:18 18 Jun 2010

Control Panel\Regional Settings\Keyboard change from American to British.

Jwbjnwolf 08:44 21 Jun 2010

Thank you james

Jwbjnwolf 08:20 22 Jun 2010

James,
What you have told me about how to change the keyboard from american to english isn't completley helping.
I think the control panel in our two versions of windows are slightley different because when You go into the control panel the only link that I can find that is related with 'regional settings' is called 'region and langauage' and did seem like I've done what you told me but I have still got the keys the wrong way around. Now I wouldn't of thought that it being a different version of windows 7 would make a difference but to be apsolutely sure, my windows 7 is professional.

gengiscant 09:43 22 Jun 2010
Answer

Go to start-control panel-region and language-the first tab (format) should have English (United Kingdom)if not click on the arrow and change it, then click on the'keyboards and languages' tab then change keyboards.
You should see that English (United Kingdom)-United kingdom is shown at the top. If not click on add scroll to English(United Kingdom) and check it,then OK, go back to the main box click on English(United states) then click on remove, restart PC and that should be it sorted.

For future reference you can set the keyboard language when you are installing Windows which will save you this bother.

Jwbjnwolf 11:33 22 Jun 2010

This is what I have already done but still seem to have the probulem

gengiscant 13:25 22 Jun 2010

Does it say English (united kingdom) at the places I mentioned?

Jwbjnwolf 08:17 23 Jun 2010

Its all sorted now
I just didnt relise that you said to delete Us langauge.
Thank you for your help.
You sure know how to clearly explain stuff in so much detail, because normally need screenshots to solve probulems.

Jwbjnwolf 08:18 23 Jun 2010

Its all sorted now
I just didnt relise that you said to delete Us langauge.
Thank you for your help.
You sure know how to clearly explain stuff in so much detail, because normally need screenshots to solve probulems.

gengiscant 08:41 23 Jun 2010

Glad to help.
Please put a tick in the resolved box, bottom right hand corner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache