Has Anyone

crosstrainer 18:19 13 Sep 2007

Encountered problems with the latest Vista updates? After I installed them, both of my wireless cards in 2 PC's ceased working.

Had to roll back prior to the installation, then re-installed them and now they are up and running again....Strange

skidzy 18:44 13 Sep 2007

Hi crosstrainer

Ive not had any issues that i know of with my VHP,but have now seen several mouse problems and the occassional sound card driver problems.

Though i do hope they can repair the buggy windows mail.

Just for future reference,try blocking the updates if you are pestered with update notifications,thats assuming you are configured for auto update.

What make/model wireless cards ? have you checked for a patch.

crosstrainer 09:01 14 Sep 2007

I have tracked this down to the junk mail filter update...knocks out both wireless cards, XP is unaffected as both my laptop and XP PC connect fine. Anyone having similar problems should hide this update and things will work correctly.

If you have installed it, roll back using system restore.....Worked for me. lets hope that SP1 will address these issues.

skidzy 13:20 14 Sep 2007

thanks for the update.Totally agree with the high expectations of sp1...several little bugs need ironing out.

All the best crosstrainer.

i lost network contact, entering my ip address in the address bar seems to have fixed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?