graphics driver/ dx 10 prob?

hi, this is for a friend, this has shocked me and as i dont use vista any more i find it puzzling as i never had this problem.
the problem is they have to use different nvidia drivers for different games? ie one beta for cysis, the signed one for older games and another beta to stop crashes on cod4 and yet another to stop the gpu/ cpu probs on medal of honor?
surley there is something wrong here, i always used latest beta driver from 3d guru and never had problems, so what else could be causing this? sould it be dx 10? my friend 's games play fine but if she forgets to swap drivers gets a load of problems?
any ideas?
cheers adam

all hotfixs installed btw

mazuk 11:28 05 Jan 2008

there should be no need to install various drivers you stay with the newest as it features all the newest bug fixes etc and it doesn't do your reg any good either installing drivers here and there, remember only 8-series nvidia X19xx ati and hd chipsets are dx10

it's an 8800gts seems many others are far from impressed, installed xp until they get things sorted click here

ulrich 18:44 05 Jan 2008

According to one gaming firm it will be 3 or 4yrs before Dir X10 working properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?