good vista book

sunny staines 16:41 22 Mar 2007

found in my local library "windows vista inside out" by ed bott, microsoft press. An excellent book still reading it. I recommend it to other members.

anskyber 16:43 22 Mar 2007

I have it, it's excellent and an easy read.

Totally-braindead 20:22 22 Mar 2007

Vista for dummies in my local library.

I do find the dummies and idiot guides to be excellent but in most cases after you're run through them a couple of times they are fairly useless if you know what I mean. They are good when first learning but not really much use as a reference guide is what I'm trying to get at. But you can get them out of your library, work on it for a few weeks and then return it.

ventanas 21:23 22 Mar 2007

Vista Inside Out is on my bookshelf alongside XP Inside Out and Windows Server 2003 Inside Out.

Excellent series of books, I couldn't agree more.

setecio 21:54 01 May 2007

Vista for Dummies
Vista Inside out

Would those be the 2 best books for an average home user to buy ?

Any other recommendations?

anskyber 22:16 01 May 2007

Dummies is good and "everyday". Inside Out is an easy read but more of a reference book.

sunny staines 16:26 02 May 2007

goto your library and take out a selection of books on vista. I found "vista insideout" an excellent read, the dummy series are not my cup of tea but popular with a lot of people.

concise 16:05 03 May 2007

Any votes for "Brilliant Microsoft Windows Vista" by Steve Johnson? It certanly looks pretty.

sunny staines 16:38 03 May 2007

concise..... not seen this one, i'll pop down to the library if they do not have it i'll ask them to order it in from another branch. I could have done with all these books when i ran the beta but got fed up with dual booting and dvd vista problems and deleted vista in january.

skidzy 20:04 03 May 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?