good internet security?

rhiansara 20:59 12 Aug 2007

Hi,
I've just had a new laptop which is Vista. My current internet security is tesco and after contacting them and being told that they would soon be releasing their security to be compatable with Vista, I have now been told that this is not to happen (reason not given!).

So now I am looking for a good internet security that I can use on my laptop and PC at the same time and that is compatable with xp and vista. I've had a look around and Norton 2007 is compatable with Vista, but says that it is for One user only - does this mean that I can only use it on 1 computer and wouldn't be able to use it on my laptop and pc at same time?

Any help would be great!
Thank you
Rhian

skidzy 21:27 12 Aug 2007

Forget Norton !
We spend a lot of time with Norton related problems.

AVG av is free as is Avast both Vista compatible.
Then add a few other programs.

Some advice click here
just double check your choice that they are Vista compatible,its been a while now since that thread was created.
Most are now compatible i believe.

[email protected] 23:45 12 Aug 2007

if you prefer a suite, as do i, kaspersky 7 click here. i use norton 2007 on xp as i find it invisible and effective, but 360 and vista seems a little rocky!

Pine Man 09:18 13 Aug 2007

To help us to help you it would be useful if you could indicate if you wanted a Security Suite or individual units such as virus checker, anti-spam, firewall & antis-spyware etc.

The benefit of a Suite is that it is a lot easier to maintain but you cannot get a free one - yet. If you just want to install one thing and forget about it the suite is for you BUT if you have individual items you can almost certainly get them all free but each one will need individually maintaining.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?