gaming on xp versus vista

mrwoowoo 18:51 28 Jun 2007

i play pc games regularly on my xp pc,but it's now starting to struggle.Lost planet extreme conditions will only play with a good frame rate with all the settings turned right down although all my other new games are ok.
I wish to upgrade to a new pc with vista and was wondering if any other gamers could tell me of their experiences with gaming on a new vista pc.
1. would it be better to stick to xp.
2. would i need higher specs to run games on vista as opposed to xp.

some interesting links at the bottom of
click here

mrwoowoo 22:20 28 Jun 2007

thanks adman,just looked at it in an answer you gave to a simular post.
think that if i by a new pc with vista i will uninstall it and install xp untill they get vista right .Knowing m.s it will prob take untill sp2.
Just hope the new games coming out will be xp compatable and not exclusively vista.

ulrich 21:07 30 Jun 2007

I do not think that many games will be made just for Vista, due to the fact for games it is pretty useless and not many gamers are using it as it is so slow.

Pc Person 22:22 30 Jun 2007

i would rather play games on 360 than my pc i don't see the point of having a gaming pc and a console just my opinion though

ulrich 11:22 01 Jul 2007

I only have a PC and I prefer it as it is fun making the games better, ie upgrading. Most of the games I play are also not available elsewhere.

wolfie3000 20:06 01 Jul 2007

I would reccomend sticking with XP for the time being,

Many of the games you probably have will struggle to work on vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?