Font problem in Vista Home Premium ?

tuckswood8 13:49 27 Mar 2008

Problem is with an Acer 5103 laptop running Vista Home Premium. After several months of fairly satisfactory operation apart from the normal unexpected shutdowns there is now a more serious problem.
When online the fonts in drop down boxes are so small as to be almost unreadable. On the Google start page the "Google Search/I feel lucky" text is very small as is the text when I type in the search box. I thought this was a browser problem until I came to use Excel today and found the column widths had closed right down and the column letters and row numbers were very small.
I have checked in "Advanced Appearance" and all the settings seem correct. The computer is not one I normally use but it seems to me that the whole appearance of the display is rather unusual, but this may be because I am used to XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BurrWalnut 15:41 27 Mar 2008

I'm not on a Vista machine at the moment but there is a dpi setting I've seen somewhere in a left pane.

It's in one of the options here, right-click Desktop > Personalize and have a look at the screen where the resolution is set.

tuckswood8 16:21 27 Mar 2008

Thanks for reply but tried this and it enlarges everything, my problem is only with certain items which is why I looked at "advanced appearance".

Looked at windows update download history and an ATI driver update was downloaded a couple of days ago. Rolled this back but still have problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?