Flight Simulator x & Vista

stevie Boy 316 21:46 25 Dec 2008

Had FSX for Xmas - Loaded it onto my VISTA based system which is fully compatible both graphically & RAM speed etc.. but each time I try and open the program it starts the splash screen then tells me that the program has stopped working and closes the program.

I have been on Microsoft website and they tell me to change the way my system starts i.e all processes will not start as normal so No Internet, No Sound no nothing. This allows me to open the program and play it in all it's glory but no sound no online gaming - This is some what frustrating. I know there must be a conflict somewhere but it is a needle in the haystack senario - Any other suggestions? - Thanks

Bob The Blob 08:54 26 Dec 2008

Have you tried applying the patch?
click here

firebug4 06:41 23 Feb 2009

I have the same problem. I have narrowed it down to the multimedia class scheduler. That is the service that is causing the problem. I have not found a solution to the problem. I can get the fsx to run but no sound.

FSXFlyingBoy 23:05 16 Mar 2009

Hello i have a Gateway, With Vista Home Premium
Intel core 2 quad processor Q6600, with a 500GB SATA 2 Hard Drive, 3 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel, NIVIVIA GeForce 8500GT Video, Sorry for the long intro but i was wondering how i can put Add on aircraft on it everytime i download it and for some reason, there's no files for it at all. and i've been to alot of diffrent websites and people just don't have a clue what's going on so, i was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on what to do.

crosstrainer 09:35 17 Mar 2009

You need to install both service packs..In order:

Service pack 1:

click here

Service pack 2:

click here

Works fine with Vista with these installed on my machine.

FSXFlyingBoy 01:42 19 Mar 2009

Ok, i've got both downloaded and now i need to figure out how to put the aircraft on the game(1st time adding diffrent aircraft) and i don't know of any good free add-on website's.

crosstrainer 15:46 20 Mar 2009

One of the best, and full instructions included in the link:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?