failure to send messages in Windows Live Mail

Newuser3477 20:57 30 Mar 2008

I am trying to use the new Windows Live Mail email programme in Vista which is the recommended outlook express replacement. I have entered identical settings to my windows mail programme which sends and receives perfectly, but in Windows Live Mail I can receive messages but can’t send them. The error message states that the outgoing mail server cannot be found but I can guarentee that the seting is correct. The only difference which I can see in the properties/ servers is (1)the extra “log on using clear text authentication”, (2) a matching “log on using secure password authentication” and (3) an extra “ log on using authenticated OPP (APOP)” radio button One of these 3 options must contain a checked radio button Whereas only the second option above is available in windows mail and is unchecked. In both case the Outgoing Mail Server Box remains unchecked (ticked)
Can any one help me send messages with Window Live mail which appears to be what I want for my messaging service?

anskyber 22:09 30 Mar 2008

Have you tried experimenting with choosing "My server requires authentication" in the properties box?

Newuser3477 23:09 30 Mar 2008

Yes I have, I will try again but i beleive the problem may be that I can't leave the radio buttons clear. I have gone into properties after ticking the " my server requires authentication". With my successfl windows mail I have to leavethis unticked according to my ISP Orange Do you have any other ideas?
Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?