Error when trying to uninstall

Anti_Virus 08:50 10 Oct 2007

Hi, I'm trying to uninstall Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. Anyone who knows how Roxio is designed, they will know it is made up of different program components, which you have to uninstall each individually (which is something I have always hated about Easy Media Creator - why can't it just all be under one prograp in Add/Remove Programs?). I uninstalled each component, leaving the Easy Media Creator 10 Suite last. However, when trying to unistall that it first says: ERROR: Unable to read certificate file. Then a few minutes later, it says: Error 1316 A network error occured while attemptimg to read the file C:\Windows\Installer\Roxio Easy Media Craer 10 Suite.msi . I've tried uninstalling it severaltimes, but no joy. This is the annoying part about EMC being made up of components - I don't know which order to uninstall them in. I did do it in the order my friend told me to, who's uninstalled and reinstalled his EMC (also on Vista), and he had no problems. He can't explain my problem. Any ideas?

rawprawn 20:18 10 Oct 2007

Have a look here click here
Also try Windows Install Cleanup which has solved some of my problems in the past
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017