Error; Failure - Security Options

Dioxynucleic 16:45 27 Jul 2007

Recently installed Acronis True Image 10 (build 4871) on a new computer (AMD Athlon 64 x 2 dual core processor 5200+ 2.60Ghz, 2047Mb RAM) running Vista Home Premium (32-bit version).

The installation appeared to go well, if more slowly than on XP. On completion, I was prompted to restart the computer. I removed the disc and attempted to do so.

But I couldn't switch the machine off, or use any programs (incl. Task Manager). Eventually, the screen went blank, and I received the following error message:

"Failure - security options.

"Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog."

I could return to the Windows desktop (I could even access "Computer" and "Control Panel"), but again I couldn't activate any programs or switch the machine off.

While I eventually solved the problem (hitting the power switch and on reboot using Windows safe mode), I wonder if anybody has had a similar problem, or knows what happened.

Thanks.

crosstrainer 16:52 27 Jul 2007

May have caused the problem.

RussB74 13:27 28 Jul 2007

You will need to download the upgrade from acronis, its 102MB in size, you instal that and will not need to use your program disk.
You have to go through the registration palaver there first becfored they let you have the upgrade Version 4942.
Good Luck

Pine Man 14:24 28 Jul 2007

Good advice I have recently upgraded to Vista and I installed Acronis 10 from a download, which went in very fast and trouble free. It is well worth registering with Acronis as you are then eligible for free upgrades for the life of version 10.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?