epson stylus r285 windows 8 drivers

conrail 21:21 18 Mar 2015

running windows 8.1 with epson photo stylus R285 printer, had printer since 2009 and still works perfectly, since updating to windows 8.1, new laptop, I find that the only print option I have is standard printing, I cannot access paper other than plain paper, even photo printing is not an option, I have contacted epson help section but they say there are no windows 8 drivers, does anybody know of any generic drivers that will get me all the printing options again, I don't want to scrap a perfectly good printer, all help and advice appreciated.

The Old Mod 06:11 19 Mar 2015

Hi conrail, I've looked on the UK Epson site this morning for your printer R285 and there is a printer driver for Windows 8, v6.54 and also a print cd driver as well. I suggest you have another look, good luck.

conrail 09:10 19 Mar 2015

thanks The Old Mod, have tried that before contacting Epson, but it did not work, will try again, nothing to lose, also son has old laptop, vista or 7, will try that and let you know, again thanks for your help

rdave13 11:27 19 Mar 2015

Try running it in compatibility mode for Win 7.

conrail 13:35 19 Mar 2015

thanks rdave13, not sure how to run a printer in compatibility mode. thanks again The Old Mod, works with windows 7 laptop son has given me

rdave13 14:26 19 Mar 2015

If you right click the driver install .exe file and select troubleshoot compatibility, let it run then select trouble shoot program, tick the box for 'the program worked in earlier version of windows but won't install or run now', select next and select which version it worked on. Windows 7 for instance and the wizard will try to set the compatibility settings for you to try out. There are other options available. If already installed you can have the same options if you have an icon to right click on.

conrail 18:23 19 Mar 2015

thyanks rdave13, that has worked, pity epson didn't help as much as you and The Old Mod, have, again many thanks to both

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?