epsom D88 printer wont work with Vista

bagatelle 20:09 29 Dec 2007

Bought a new Acer Desktop, when I first got started my Epson D88 printer worked OK but since I had to change ink Vista wont recognise this printer, Can anyone help.

Totally-braindead 22:14 29 Dec 2007

Try deleting the printer and reinstalling it.

bagatelle 21:28 31 Dec 2007

Have tried this but Vista wont accept my printer software I have been on the epsom website to see if there is a download programme which is compatible but have not had much luck, looks like I will have to buy a new printer, but thanks for your help and suggestion.

Ashrich 10:05 01 Jan 2008

I think the problem here might be in the changing of the ink cartridges , were they originals or re-fills ? It is possible that the printer , for some reason or the other , doesn't like the new carts , and has shut up shop . Try taking out the new inks and carefully replacing them , making sure all the contacts are clean and connecting properly , if it worked before there is no reason for it to be refused now by the OS , so it must have been something during the changing of ink .

Ashley

bagatelle 17:16 01 Jan 2008

Hi Ashley,

Yes I used genuine Epson cartridges and when it would'nt work took them out and replaced them,also when I check the ink levels they show empty even though they are new.

bagatelle 17:16 01 Jan 2008

Hi Ashley,

Yes I used genuine Epson cartridges and when it would'nt work took them out and replaced them,also when I check the ink levels they show empty even though they are new.

skidzy 18:11 01 Jan 2008

Just Maybe click here
The Vista easy print module driver,though i suspect it has its limitations.

You will have to uninstall the current drivers and any other related software and cleanup with something like ccleaner click here and reboot ready for the fresh install.

Save the driver to your desktop and reconnect the printer then when asked,just point the request to the driver download on the desktop.

Ashrich 20:03 01 Jan 2008

Vista drivers for D88 , found on Epson website , ....
click here , ( hope that URL copies Ok )

Ashley

skidzy 20:07 01 Jan 2008

Lol,even better Ashrich :-)

Didnt even think of the Epsom Site Lol.

Ashrich 20:08 01 Jan 2008

I see that is what Skidzy is pointing to , only this one is from Epson site itself ....

Ashley

Ashrich 20:09 01 Jan 2008

Evening skidzy !!

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?