Ease of Access

kimtrnc 04:27 20 Feb 2010

Turned my win 7 machine on this morning and it went mad!
There were 3 or 4 Aero windows, and NOTHING would move.
Eventually managed to get to a restore point. Now scared to touch anything. How can I get rid of Ease of Access ( which I didn't request in the first place!!)

Pine Man 08:53 20 Feb 2010
  steve263000 13:42 20 Feb 2010

I clicked on the link put in by Pine Man and immediatly got put to one of those false spyware links which said that my (works!) computer was infected by viruses and I should download a file to sort it out. [email protected] CLICK THE LINK!

anskyber 14:42 20 Feb 2010

yep me too, do not use the link.

Pine Man 15:50 20 Feb 2010

When I loaded the link it was from '3W's addictivetips dot com' It gives instructions on how to disable the 'Ease of Access' button in Windows 7.

I have just clicked on the link and it takes me straight to '3W's addictivetips dot com'

Maybe you guys need to look closer to home?

What do you get if you hover your cursor over the link?

rdave13 20:07 20 Feb 2010

Iget the same as you. Photobucket immage; click here

Pine Man 20:18 20 Feb 2010

Thanks for that I was starting to worry!

I have tried the link with two different computers, two different operating systems and two different browsers and I always get '3W's addictivetips dot com'

So do a couple of my friends who have had a look for me.

rdave13 22:03 20 Feb 2010

I have been back to your link six times tonight and on the sixth time I got the usual pop-up warning that your PC is infected blah blah..the usual crap. Ended the IE tree and restarted the browser and clicked on the link and nothing. So for some reason there is a malicious script on the web page but doesn't activate every time.
Clever buggers! Best to avoid the link I think until Addictivetips sort it out.

a member 08:32 21 Feb 2010

yes ,I get the page OK too ,but a visit to the history page of AVG shows a blocked (Exploit rogue scanner (type 1027)) embeded in one of the sites pictures was blocked .
so not a clean website , it could infect someone who doeas not have sufficient protection.

Pine Man 08:43 21 Feb 2010

Thanks for that and apologies to anskyber & steve263000 for inferring that it could be them that were at fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache