Dual Boot Vista

tonyjon 15:31 12 Feb 2007

Hi

I installed Home Ultimate as a new install on a second HDD as it will not upgrade XP Pro, the Installation DVD would only run from my XP Pro installation, installed and all working fine

EXCEPT

How do I get rid of the 'dual boot' setup, if I disconnect the drive containing XP Pro nothing happens so I assume that the Vista boot is on that drive.

BurrWalnut 15:43 12 Feb 2007

Download VistaBootPro from click here

tonyjon 17:38 12 Feb 2007

Downloaded and ran, it is not obvious how to achieve what I want, if I disconnect the XP Pro drive, there is no boot options, it would appear that all the boot loaders are on the XP Pro Drive, how do I make the Vista Drive bootable?

tonyjon 18:02 12 Feb 2007

I forgot the good get out of trouble mode on XP

Start up from CD/DVD select REPAIR when available

Very quickly available in Vista, the "repair" took all of 15 seconds

WOT A PLONKER

douglas1973 18:32 13 Feb 2007

I installed the full version of Windows Vista Home Premium on top of Windows XP Home edition on my computer. Due to compatibilty problems with some software (e.g. Quicken 2004, the last version produced in the U.K) I asked my local computer shop to install a second hard drive and install Windows XP on it. They said they spent nearly a whole day trying but could not do so - the computer crashed all the time. Can anybody give me step by step instructions on how to do it?

Kate B 19:31 13 Feb 2007

douglas, start your own thread ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?