dreamscene

what the hell is that about?
i hope and pray it's a beta, having googled it it seems a tad wobbly! looks fantastic, really like the running stream ones, but god what a gimmick!
thanks jimmy14 for the links earlier a vast improvement. click here
i have thoughly enjoyed using vista this evening, as many of you know im not really that keen (and nor the millions who are running it on 'vista premium' pc's of 1 gb ram with onboard everything, it seems!)
however things seem to be leaping forward in giant bounds, this evening i dont want to look at my xp pro pc.
prior to the upgrades it was one game at a time shut down all the other programs etc, but since the upgrade i had 4 games running in windowed mode AND all the games that wouldnt instal properly are now running fine.
before too long this bored me and i simply had to try to crash it. now it was running 5 games, with a bit of slowdown, but admirably. not as fast as my xp pc with half the ram but streets ahead of what it was. so what else could i throw at it? having recently upgraded to ultimate i decided to look at dreamscene, and it seemed fine, until i wanted to run a program, 3 crashes in 5 minutes! lockups etc. the funny thing is if explorer crashes it turns itself off because it knows it's to blame! click here can m/s bundle this junk with the vista flagship?
anyway typing this i notice no missing letters so another niggle of mine ironed out!

Jimmy14 01:07 09 Aug 2007

The Dreamscene Ultimate extra currently available is a "beta" and it is described in Ultimate Extras as a "preview" so you should expect it to work perfect when Microsoft ever decide to release the full program for Vista Ultimate.

Kate B 11:57 09 Aug 2007

Dreamscene is indeed a bit lame - it locks up on my machine. And it makes me seasick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone