Download to more than one pc

tony-guitar 22:35 25 Feb 2014

I have a desktop pc connected to the web through a virgin media cable modem. It's connected to a Belkin wireless router that my wife uses for her laptop internet connection. I'm thinking of buying Kaspersky internet security suite for 3 computers using this pc, and I have no issues installing it myself, but I don't know how my wife will be able to download and install it on her laptop. Before I commit to buy, I need to know how these options are available. Can you help please. Also, the last time I tried Kaspersky Antivirus with my old pc running XP, it stopped my MS Outlook emails from working, and I ended up doing a system restore to get it all back, so I'm a little cagey anyway.

wee eddie 22:54 25 Feb 2014

When you start the Download, chose "Save" rather than "Run",

You can then Run it yourself and afterwards, transfer the file to her Lappy

onthelimit1 09:04 26 Feb 2014

Personally, I'd say 'why buy'? Most of us use free AV with no problems. If you do go the Kaspersky route, if your wife is connected to the internet, she can download her copy of the program using the details that K supply.

tony-guitar 17:18 15 Mar 2014

Thanks for your help. After having issues with Avast Free messing up IE11, I went over to AVG Free, my wife has done the same on her laptop. All seems fine, it's just that Kaspersky is rated highly for it's dealings with the recent 'Ransomware' threats.

onthelimit1 11:55 17 Mar 2014

I've read that the paid for (£16) of Malwarebytes will prevent infection by the Cryptolocker virus.

ams4127 21:22 19 Mar 2014

When you purchase Kaspersky for 3 PCs, you will have to setup an account with a password.

On the second PC, all you have to do is go to Kaspersky's website, login to your account and download to that PC. Same for a third PC should you have one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?