downgrade acer aspire 5050 to XP

biba 12:03 24 Oct 2007

i try to install WINXP Pro SP2 on my acer aspire 5050 but it doesn't start the booting process, i don't know what to do, with vista this too slow. I have Vista home premium. please somebody helps me.

tullie 16:00 24 Oct 2007

You cant instal XP over Vista,there are ways to do it if you ask in Google,i tried it myself once,but to be honest its not worth the trouble.You will need to keep a copy of all your drivers before you start.

format c drive from bios, install xp, update windows drivers if needed from manufactures website.
or
buy a new hdd install xp and change drive.

h201980 19:23 09 Nov 2007

I have an acer 5050, and to be honest its the best laptop i have ever had, although...!

I like to play games and it is comman for a laptop to get hot when it runs powerful games, but the game i play is a 1999 game, so as you can guess the speed of the laptop was no problem, BUT!

It has an 256MB ATI graf card, and a 2GHz CPU, but the game sticks and goes jumpey, the game only needs a 64MB ati, and a 1GHz Cpu, its a great laptop but rubbish at playing games,

but for its price, i still give this laptop 10/10

Bexxii 23:18 10 Jan 2008

You are goning to need a external cd rom. i did exactly the same thing today with my friend's acer 5050, it worked whit external CD/DVD rom;)

Kind Regards

Bexxii :D

indexgirl 13:17 09 May 2008

Wow, I regret buying an acer product because their lack of support. I have an Acer 5050 and since I installed Windows SP on it, I have problems with my Internet. When connected, I can access 2 or 3 pages and then the connection dies and I have to reboot to make it work again. I download and installed all the drivers from acer website (tried all the options for lan drivers) and it didn't help. Then I've read in another forum, that i would need to update my BIOS to solve that. My bios version is Acer 1.3106

indexgirl 13:25 09 May 2008

Wow, I regret buying an acer product because their lack of support. I have an Acer 5050 and since I installed Windows SP on it, I have problems with my Internet. When connected, I can access 2 or 3 pages and then the connection dies and I have to reboot to make it work again. I download and installed all the drivers from acer website (tried all the options for lan drivers) and it didn't help. Then I've read in another forum, that i would need to update my BIOS to solve that. My bios version is Acer 1.3106 and in their website there is only a file called 3109. There is no way to be sure that the file is for my motherboard. I called acer to ask instructions on how to solve this problem and they said they can't provide any support on that because I changed my operating system. I told then I didn't change, just reinstalled, but they said I changed because the original one is a OEM version of Windows XP. It means, they should include a sticker in the laptop saying I am not allowed to change the operating system. But if they have done so, they will not sell their notebooks. Its a real shame this lack of support and Information from this company...

AcerTech 20:57 31 Jul 2008

indexgirl, I understand your frustrations, however, you need to see it from our legal point of view.

Our warranty does clearly state that we can ONLY assist you with defects with the equipment under the standard return to base warranty.

Due to licensing laws, when a machine is loaded with an OS, that is the only OS registered to be used on the system.

If you want to use your own, thats absolutely fine.

Is your laptop still in Warranty? And do you know what is causing the fault?

When and where did you buy the machine?

Tsielepis 16:17 24 Sep 2008

If you want to install xp and vista together, you need try [url=click here]vistabootpro[/url], it is easy yo beginers.

tullie 16:20 24 Sep 2008

This thread is over a year old.

temel-1653515 09:18 21 Dec 2010

Driver for acer aspire download all os link.
easy come
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?