Does Winows 10 latest have driver updates?

john bunyan 17:48 18 Oct 2017
Answered

Just installed the new Windows 10 version. Do Windows updates auto check drivers? I rarely look at this aspect but last week had to do a rather involved re installation of Happauge WinTV to get it to work. I am wary of driver update packages.

BRYNIT 19:20 18 Oct 2017

You may find Windows 10 may use generic drivers for some thing, although this will not cause a problem it is best to check that you do have the correct drivers. If you have a prebuilt computer the manufacturer may use specific driver for there motherboards etc.

Govan1x 12:44 19 Oct 2017
Answer

Not sure JB. But if you go into Windows Update and click on advanced options.Give me updates for other Microsoft products is ticked.

Now not sure if that would automatically update drivers or not.

john bunyan 15:50 19 Oct 2017

I just looked in programmes and features, and found that, along with the 1709 update, most of my programmes were apparently installed on 18/10/2017 so maybe the update does something to ensure they all work! Apple not included, nor adblock plus and a few others that show original dates.

rdave13 11:24 20 Oct 2017

john bunyan

As for drivers check Reliability Monitor.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?