Do you know how to fix external hard drive not formatted error without data loss?

Mikebup 04:12 13 May 2014

Hi, does anybody know how to fix disk not formatted error on an external hard drive without data loss? I bought a Seagate external hard drive several years ago, but I received disk not formatted error message on the drive recently. There are lots of files on the Seagate external, so I want to look for a way to fix the not formatted error problem without losing any data.

BRYNIT 07:45 13 May 2014

You could try EaseUs Partition Manager CLICK HERE I believe it has a partition recovery tool and it's free.

alanrwood 09:40 13 May 2014

Firstly try a new USB port to ensure that it is not that which is the problem.

Can you remove the drive from the caddy and install it in your computer. It just might work long enough to get the data from it.

Some people have suggested putting the drive in a carefully sealed plastic bag and leaving it in the fridge overnight. It sometimes again allows enough time to get the data from it.

After that there are several free disk data recovery programs out there Try Recuva which has a good reputation. Try not to use the drive as if you do you might overwrite the data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?