Dissappearing internet icon in windows 7

uranusrising 21:54 26 May 2014

Hi, this evening I had an alert for an upgrade to my nvidia graphics card. It wouldn't connect to the internet to do this.There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. This has happened 3 times in the past. It was fixed by nvidia sending me a link in an email to do the same. It has worked all 3 times. Today, after the alert and then me trying to connect, I noticed the small square green icon with the two white [one on top of the other] horizontal arrows going in opposite directions has disappeared. It was always in the system tray next to the time. I used it to disconnect the internet or the bluetooth connection. I always disconnect the internet this way before logging off, but I keep the bluetooth active so that my mouse is connected on boot-up. has anyone the method to get it back, thanks. Bern

uranusrising 22:47 26 May 2014

Hi, I found "an answer" or "the answer". I restarted the lap-top, no good, I rebooted the lap-top and the icon reappeared on its own. Because the lap-top is a Sony Vaio, it has its own connectivity app, it's called 'Vaio Smart Network'. It displays 'via the green icon with horizontal white arrows' the staus of the internet and/or bluetooth connections. Don't ask me why it disappeared, that's why I was asking for help. Anyway, it's back now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?