display Driver nvlddmkm reporting faults

tegdrib 17:46 26 Dec 2008

hi, I have turned on my HP Touchsmart with Vista home premium and have of late found a nag screen with display driver
"failed but has now recovered."
Hardware Manager tells me I am up to date. Do I need to worry? Thanks in advance.

driver is nvlddmkm

mrwoowoo 20:30 26 Dec 2008

Hope this may help.
click here

mooly 17:19 28 Dec 2008

Have you had any luck ? I had this happen a few months ago and reinstalled the driver which cured it --- until a couple of days ago. Tried doing the same again but no luck this time.

mooly 09:02 29 Dec 2008

Am going to study this,
click here

tegdrib 10:16 29 Dec 2008

hi all. it hasn't happenend since I posted this request, but I have to add that I don't 'Game' other than cards or majong, I'm going to read your last item mooly. I also wondered whether it was because I tried to access Googe's sketch up, and the display was having none of it and crashed each time I opened the program, until I gave up.
Trgdrib

mooly 11:15 29 Dec 2008

If you Google " nvlddmkm " it gives an idea of the scale of the problem.
Mine only ever does it at boot up, never in use, but I am trying a little registry tweak --- something I would normally never do.
Have backed up the registry file just in case and have set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers]"TdrLevel"=dword:00000000

This was originally set at 0000007 (7) hexadecimal.
I found this on the Microsoft techweb support site. Whether it works !! Time will tell.

gazzaho 05:37 20 Jan 2009

So far I've only got this problem while playing the Sacred 2 game at very high settings with my 9800 GX2 card, once I drop down to high settings the problem seems to disappear. I've read a lot of posts on the net about different solutions but there doesn't seem to be any one real solution to the problem, some people seem to be of the opinion that it's hardware, or combination of hardware rather than a driver issue due to perhaps overheating that causes it, as it happens on both NVIDIA and ATI based graphics cards.

I'll just keep an eye on the issue and prey the problem doesn't escalate on my machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?