Disable HDMI audio when HDMI device is disabled

fastfurious65 17:04 24 Jun 2017

I have a GeoForce GT 520 which consists of a DVI and HDMI output.

In the DVI output, I have the monitor that I use for the computer. I use the HDMI output to plug my TV in, mainly so I can display videos from my computer to my TV.

I quite often disable the display for the HDMI on the Display Settings section, so I only have the monitor output enabled.

In Sound -> Playback, I have the HDMI audio set as default, alongside the speakers that I have plugged in to the back of the computer.

Before I installed a new motherboard (and reinstalled Windows 10), whenever I disabled the HDMI display, it would automatically remove the HDMI audio from the Sound -> Playback settings. This means that the sound would go into the speakers when I disabled the HDMI display. And when I enabled then HDMI display again, the sound would go back through the HDMI.

However, since I've fitted in a new motherboard and reinstalled Windows 10, whenever I disable the HDMI display, it still appears in the Sound -> Playback list. This means that the sound is still playing out of the HDMI device, despite the HDMI display being disabled. I have to manually switch the audio every time I enable or disable the HDMI display.

Any one got any ideas on how to make this work again?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires