Device Error Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Joan-276804 20:24 14 Jul 2007

My system diagonistics report tells me that this device cannot start and Device Manager shows a yellow triangle. I don't know what this device does other than it is something to do with network connection. I've followed the advice on updating the driver but am told this is up-to-date. I think this has only happened recently, is it important?

Gmax 11:44 19 Jul 2007

I just like to say I don't know a fix but I have also got this problem I think it may have started with Networking - Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)up-date but I am unsure

wightman 12:37 19 Jul 2007

Hi I was having exactly the same entry in Device Manager and at 0ne time there were over 40 entries. This started to cause me concern and a undertook to find where this originated from: Eventually it pointed to the Network Adapter Group within D/M
The solution lies in the Microsoft Update site where there is an upgrade to Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit NIC (NDIS 6.0) It is show as an Optional Update!!
Hope this helps it did for me my PC is now clear of the 6TO4 error exclamation mark
Cheers
wightnight

celticdragon 17:46 19 Jul 2007

I have been having this problem too Wightman, have you got a link to the update you mention? I've had a look on Microsoft site and can't find it! Thanks.

Joan-276804 21:27 20 Jul 2007

I think my problems may have started with an update of my Intel network connection via Dell restoring my system to an earlier date has not helped. Guess I will just have to wait until someone releases a suitable update.

sundancela 00:42 24 Sep 2007

i don't believe this is part of vista. ? norton antivirus? deleted the adapter and rebooted and windows didn't reinstall it. give it a try. no warranties but it worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?