DELL Vista Upgrades

Jon-ny 19:52 08 Mar 2007

There are lots and lots of posts for Vista express upgrades but has anyone got thier DELL vista upgrade kits yet or even if you have just got your ship date, it would be interesting too know!!!

I rang Dell and they said 6-8 weeks,
just would like to know the progress Dell's making, cheers!

mobileman1953 19:27 09 Mar 2007

ordered mine on 20/12/06 still showing order pending, when i e mailed dell i was told they started shipping end of feb and would take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive

Jon-ny 21:05 09 Mar 2007

ordered mine on 26th of december and my Status is Pending too.

Hurry up DELL!!!!

Jon-ny 19:01 17 Mar 2007

Mine now says:

Order Status: In Process

What does in Process mean??????

ajm 23:01 17 Mar 2007

If I am not mistaken, all Vista Express upgrades are handled by one company, moduslink. They take care of all vista express upgrades fro all companies in the world.

Jon-ny 23:29 17 Mar 2007

So what does the In Process mean?

Does it mean it's in the process of being shipped or what??

Thanks

jacksony 10:56 19 Mar 2007

Mine has recently switched from "pending" to "in process" too.

It means they are in the process of considering whether to deliver it some time this year, after they've had a cup 'o tea, like.

Totally-braindead 13:14 19 Mar 2007

I think in-process means that they have your application and are looking at it to see whether you are entitled to the upgrade. It may take some time for this to change.
When it is checked it will change to autthorised and then when it is sent it will change to shipped.

There is nothing you can do about it I am afraid you will just have to wait. On the plus side when you upgrade disk does arrive the drivers you need should, hopefully all be available.

Jon-ny 20:02 19 Mar 2007

thanks totally-braindead

[email protected] 13:47 20 Mar 2007

Mine was shipped on Friday. It is still hovering around somewhere in the States though according to DHL's tracking system.

Forum Editor 16:43 20 Mar 2007

Means that the order is on an active checking list - it's now in the system, and as soon as it's been authorised for despatch it will ship.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?