Cursor not responding

User-F19B448A-819C-4883-991C282DFCFBDA20 13:18 21 Jun 2010

I cannot access any websites on my HP/Compaq laptop as my cursor is not responding at all.
If i go into safe mode the cursor will work then restart and the cursor wont work again.
How can can i get the cursor to work again?

If restarting your computer doesn't help, try going to Control Panel > Add new hardware. It'll scan your computer to see if there is any hardware that is connected but there are no drivers for it. Your Operating System should have the drivers already if it had been working prior to, so it should find them.
If not, you would need to either find the proper drivers for the hardware thats not working from the internet or do a 'repair' from the drivers disk/operating system that should have come with the laptop if you still have them.

kristain 06:44 24 Jun 2010

If you have replaced a mouse or keyboard recently, it would be the most likely cause of a conflict. It could also be a program which you have just installed or reconfigured which is causing the problem

To check for device conflicts go start/settings/control panel/system/device manager, and look for any devices with exclamation marks against them (these may not show up in safe mode, you may have to individually check the IRQ's etc for each device).

To fault find: Boot in safe mode and go start/run, type msconfig, then Ok, Ok. You can selectively disable devices and programs through this utility.
for more information and help click here

ronalddonald 18:38 24 Jun 2010

try another mousy

ronalddonald 18:38 24 Jun 2010

or better still try linux mint

Got a mini mouse now attached to a USB socket, so all ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires