Constant BSODs after windows 7 upgrade

cazaqueen 12:02 17 Aug 2013

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. Since purchasing a new PC a couple of months ago, I have had constant BSODs, the longest the PC has gone without them was 4 days but more commonly they are daily or every other day. I have upgraded the BIOS and downloaded the latest drivers for my devices but I am still having the issue. I have been using the action centre and tried to allow windows to find and fix the problems but it either says there is no solution or tells me it cannot connect to the error reporting service. I have downloaded WHOCRASHED and ran this a few times, each time it indicates that it is likely to be a driver problem and not a hardware problem.

The PC was bought with no operating system so I had to install XP and then install a windows 7 upgrade that I was able to purchase from work, I don't know of this may be the problem but I don't want to have o buy another version of Windows 7 unless I have to. PC specs are as follows: M/B ASUS F1A55-M LK R.20 Processor AMD A6-3670 APV with RADEON HD6530D graphics RAM 8GB HDD 2TB SATA

When I look in event viewer, there seems to be a different error each time but they are always event 41 kernel power related. In total there have been 74 since the middle of May. I have recently run CCleaner so have accidently deleted the dump messages but to be honest I am not sure what the messages mean and how to find them. I did copy and paste several but there are too many!! If anyone can shed any light on this problem I would be really grateful

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?